Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Any Dream Analysts Out There...

...so, after moaning about not sleeping, I am now going to moan about dreaming. If I finally do get to sleep, I have all sorts of weird dreams... for example on Tuesday: a fat black rat is running across the floor, I swipe at it with my right hand and it buries its teeth into my index finger, I manage to get it off by vigorous shaking of the hand but it leaves a bloody hole in my finger.

Come on, Freudians, Jungians, Oldians ... what d'ye reckon?

4 comments:

Anji said...

I reckon you've got rats!

My dream book asks are you experiencing disloyalty from a friend or colleague? A rat could also signify the contaminated and devious part of you.

Perhaps you are better off staying awake.

Trish Ess said...

My favourite dream interpretation website, www.dreammoods.com, says,
"To see rats in your dream, signifies feelings of doubts, guilt and/or envy. You are having unworthy thoughts that you are keeping to yourself but are eating you up inside. Alternatively, it denotes repulsion. The dream may also be a pun on someone who is a rat.

To see a black rat, represents deceit and covert activities."
and about biting, it says,
"To dream that you are being bitten, represents your vulnerability regarding your unresolved issues emotions. You may be pestered by a problem or obstacle."

That help? :)

Neutron said...

Hi Anji, thanks for that - have taken your advice and now not slept for three weeks! Vast improvement in dream-related problemsssszzzzzzzzz..

Neutron said...

...and hi Trish...thanks for that. Reminds me of some Ancient Greek bloke who said he went to 10 dream interpreters about a dream he had had, got 10 different interpretations and they were all right!