Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Biggus Bangus

It's Big Bang Day tomorrow at CERN. The people who brought us Toblerone and cuckoo clocks are now going to destroy the Earth!

Nah, course they're not... but tomorrow at CERN the LHC (Large Hadron Collider) is going to start whizzing protons around and start the search for the explanation of everything.

I mentioned it here and for loads of info and interviews and whatnot there is this wonderful website put together by the wonderful BBC's Radio 4 - Big Bang Day.

See you in the black hole!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, but how can you be SURE there won't be a Biggus Bangus? I for one am going to put on my tinfoil helmet and hide under the table!

Neutron said...

Well, seeing that time stands still in the singularity of a black hole, it might give me chance to get all my translations done.

But, duck and cover, Jay, duck and cover...

Anji said...

Well now we are out the other side. "Is this an parallel universe?" I ask myself...

(I'm listening to What You hear Is What You Get as I write - sounds the same to me)

Neutron said...

Hi Anji. Nice to know you still listen to it!