Thursday, July 23, 2009

Unbeerable

For those of you waiting with that good old bated breath to find out what that frozen beer tasted like...

I'm sorry to confess that it took quite a while to get round to trying it. I didn't want to try it without being sure of having a few other beers in just in case but then when I had a few beers in, I simply ignored the unfrozen half-opened experimental bottle.

Anyway I tried it on Tuesday and it was f****** HORRIBLE!

HORR-EEE-BULL!!

So if you have forgotten your beer in the freezer and you think, "hmm, maybe blah blah..."

DON'T BOTHER.

3 comments:

jayne said...

hate it when people say "I told you so" but...

"I told you so!"

jayne said...

Oh hell... can I remove that "told you so" comment? Just popped out to the local Italian for a quick Weissbier cos the Weissbier in my fridge wasn't cold enough, so I stuck it in the freezer compartment in my absence. A-hem... just tried pouring it, it is what I can only describe as "viscous". Buggeration. Although, the head doesn't look TOO bad... maybe it is potable after all...

jayne said...

I take back any disparaging comments, any off-the-cuff remarks about tight-fisted auld gits… I erm… well, I just popped out to the same Italian (which just so happens to share the address of my office) and thought, OK, four Weissbiers over a book, I’ll just pop into said office to get the one – ONE! – Weissbier I (vaguely) remember leaving in the office last night and take it home, relax on the balcony which is a haven of exhaust emissions and noise pollution, and enjoy my FINAL Weissbier and read the news. Got to said office, searched the fridge (which didn’t actually take long since its only non-living occupant was a bottle of Prosecco). I thought, hmm… I am SURE I only returned five bottles to the shop today, so where oh where could the sixth bottle be…? So I very cautiously opened the freezer compartment. To be confronted with… two pieces of brown glass and a mass of yellow, frozen gloop.
Sad? I am gutted. No reading the news to the fragrant, audible pleasures of Munich’s Mittlere Ring over the Queen of beers (who said that? ME, alright?!). Instead, it looks like a cup of mint tea, clouded by one single, solitary, sad, salty tear…