Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Dual Boot!

I too thought we were talking about a pair of shoes for a swordfight...but NO! This is the way to solve my Roland thingy problems - if you don't know what I am talking about then you should read this blog more often! As regular visitors will no doubt recall, my OS is Windows 2000 but the Roland thingy only runs on Win98 - BUT...wonder of wonders...I have 2 hard disks inside my PC and I had a distinct brainwave when pondering on this fact one evening. After a quick perusal of geek literature I discovered that it would indeed be possible to run W2k on one and Win98 on the other!!! This is known to us experts as a "dual boot". Cool, huh?

Yeah, well...cool until you start trying to do it. How come whenever they say that something is "kid's play" on the PC you know that you are going to have to give up the best part of your life for at least two weeks before the bloody thing even starts to look as if it might at some indeterminate point in the distant future seem to be going to work?

Well, I think I am nearly there...I have even recorded a test song which I might just post here too, if enough readers are interested...

1 comment:

Neutron said...

I'm interested...oh, it's my blog...