Saturday, May 06, 2006

After a Hypothetical Breakfast..

Posted by Picasa

Proino (brekker) in Igoumenitsa...say, Greek yoghurt and honey and a strong black elliniko to wash it down and then on the road again. Past the sheep with their dull-ringing clunky sheep-bells and on to the part of the road I used to call "Scalextric" because of the serpentine way it wiggles its way through the hills.

Normally I would get stuck behind a groaning heaving truck at this point having passed not a single vehicle up till then.

Also the music would have been important at this point...whenever I think of this stretch of the road from Igoumenitsa to Ioannina I hear "Lying Eyes" by the Eagles in my mind's ear...so let's have it...

You can't hiiiiiiide your lyin' eyes....dadang da..

Next stop Ioannina...

No comments: