Friday, March 24, 2006

Happy Birthday to Neutron News!

Cor blimey, it is exactly one year since my first post on this, my first blog.

Let me just blow out the e-candles on the e-cake.

Erm...and now? Well, how about "to boldly blog where no-one has blogged before..."?

And regarding that, I have been - perhaps justifiably - moaned at recently because allegedly all I have talked about in my recent posts has been food and beer - and the consumption thereof.

My only justification, assuming this is true, is that they are very nice things to write about! AND it has always been a source of wonder to me that we are able to enjoy food and drink.

I mean, we need to eat and drink to survive...just like breathing but you don't get people saying, "Goodness me, I had a really good breath last night...lots of oxygen and just the right amount of nitrogen plus a few noble gasses. You'll have to come round one night and have a breathe of our air..."

With food and drink though, despite the fact that they are also absolute necessities, we really can enjoy them. This is a gift from the blind watchmaker and should not be spurned.

Think of the other necessities of life: getting up, working, paying tax, getting old...

Nah, give me food and drink any day.

3 comments:

spaceface01 said...

Happy Birthday!

And don't listen to them! Food and beer are two of my favorite things as well!

Doris said...

Hippy happy birthday Blog

Blog what you like I say! :-)

Neutron said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes on behalf of my blog!

You are right, the beer and nosh will remain!