Friday, March 24, 2006

Happy Birthday to Neutron News!

Cor blimey, it is exactly one year since my first post on this, my first blog.

Let me just blow out the e-candles on the e-cake.

Erm...and now? Well, how about "to boldly blog where no-one has blogged before..."?

And regarding that, I have been - perhaps justifiably - moaned at recently because allegedly all I have talked about in my recent posts has been food and beer - and the consumption thereof.

My only justification, assuming this is true, is that they are very nice things to write about! AND it has always been a source of wonder to me that we are able to enjoy food and drink.

I mean, we need to eat and drink to survive...just like breathing but you don't get people saying, "Goodness me, I had a really good breath last night...lots of oxygen and just the right amount of nitrogen plus a few noble gasses. You'll have to come round one night and have a breathe of our air..."

With food and drink though, despite the fact that they are also absolute necessities, we really can enjoy them. This is a gift from the blind watchmaker and should not be spurned.

Think of the other necessities of life: getting up, working, paying tax, getting old...

Nah, give me food and drink any day.

4 comments:

spaceface said...

Happy Birthday!

And don't listen to them! Food and beer are two of my favorite things as well!

Useless Man said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR NEUTRON
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

Cheers to another year going forward!

doris said...

Hippy happy birthday Blog

Blog what you like I say! :-)

Neutron said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes on behalf of my blog!

You are right, the beer and nosh will remain!