Monday, March 20, 2006

Vitamin PC

First my blog is down all weekend and then yesterday my PC suddenly decides that it wants to get caught in an 'unexpected kernel mode trap'...no-one expects a Kernel Mode Trap...ho hum...so I have been pissing around with it on and off - mostly off - all day to chivvy it back into action. I don't want to speak too soon but I think I may have it now.

I still don't know what happened or what a Kernel Mode Trap is...apart from unexpected which it certainly is but I might just risk trying a restart from the safe mode in a moment...wow! Listen to me!! Sounds as if I know what I am doing, huh?

Well, I don't! This is how I always fix things...mess about with them for long enough and they give up and start working again just for some peace and quiet!

I am just going to see why my virus program doesn't want to start and then I will flip the switch and press the key to try and restart the machine...ah, which reminds of the very-bad-joke which this headline is the punchline of:

"What do you give your computer if it has a virus?"
"Vitamin PC!!"

No? Please yourselves!

It is also coming up to a year since I started blogging...ha! A year!!

I must check and see when our anniversary is (my blog and me)...

No, the virus prog doesn't want to know so I will go ahead and restart....this could be goodbye (of course it won't be because I am posting this from Lappy).

Ok...do I want to restart? YES!!!

As the Scouse Red Indian prompter in the theatre said: YERONINAMO!

No comments: