Wednesday, July 27, 2005

5 Weeks And Counting...

5 weeks today since my mum died and I am still numb about the whole thing. Here is a poem from her funeral.

Farewell my friends

It was beautiful

As long as it lasted

The journey of my life.


I have no regrets

Whatsoever save

The pain I’ll leave behind.

Those dear hearts

Who love and care. . .

And the strings pulling

At the heart and soul. . .


The strong arms

That held me up

When my own strength

Let me down.


At every turning of my life

I came across

Good friends,

Friends who stood by me

Even when time passed me by.


Farewell, farewell

My friends

I smile and

Bid you goodbye.

No, shed no tears

For I don’t need them

All I need is your smile.


If you feel sad

Do think of me

For that’s what I’ll like.

When you live in the hearts

Of those you love

Remember then

You never die.


RABINDRANATH TAGORE

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a great poem which I'm sure did your mother more than justice. My condolences, and I hope time will eventually heal.

The Complimenting Commenter said...

A very good poem. Thank you for sharing and I hope that the memories stay clear and the pain goes away.

Doris said...

I'd like that poem at my funeral. Beautiful and full of life.