Friday, June 09, 2006

It Has Started At Last...

Finally we have something to sink our teeth into and not rehashed grainy video clips of World Cups from the past.

Germany certainly got stuck in ...then had a little lapse ...then got stuck in again ...then a little lapse... and so on - and as for Poland in the second game of the evening...well, I don't think they actually turned up...

Ecuador looked good... I wonder though how it feels for them to breathe such thickly oxygenated air - do they have problems with it... didn't look as if they did, anyway.

AND, I am going to be on ZDF (Germany's second national TV channel) next Tuesday in some World Cup quiz programme called, "Global Player". There will be 3 candidates from all over the world each sitting at home in front of a webcam answering questions on - guess what..? -"the World Cup". They are sending me a webcam so that I can take part!

I don't think I will be in it for very long as I am the world's worst rememberer of those kind of facts... I will probably get to play against one candidate from Mensa's Football Fact Branch and an alien freshly arrived from the planet FootballTrivialia X33CX55#

Perhaps they will just keep asking me if Geoff Hurst's 2nd goal in the 1966 final was over the line...

6 comments:

The Clowns said...

Good luck in the competition!!

Neutron said...

Hi spooky,
Thanks a lot...I have a feeling it is going to be extremely embarrassing!

Doris said...

Good luck withthe web cammy thingy!

Oooerrr excitement is building up here. I said to hubby it would be realy hard on the Germans if we should win overall on German soil. But that'd be getting my hopes up and anyway I go either way ... England or Germany .... and then if Trinidad should do something stunning that would be amazing - even if that knocks out England - would be incredible.

Anyway, have fun!

Neutron said...

Hi doris!
This is getting to be "real time"!!

As for the Germans...they had the cheek to win the European Championship at Wembley in erm..1996?? (oh my god, and I am going on a quiz show!)

Anji said...

I'll look out for that, It's just the sort of thing that could get mentioned on the French news. Hubby has fallen asleep in front of the match!

Neutron said...

Hi Anji,
Oh my god!! Don't tell me this could be on French TV too! I am really going to have to revise for this!! AArrgghh!